One quart of paste when diluted will yield sufficient spray for six to eight trees or less if applied with a brush with consistency of thick paint. Strongly recommended after pruning to assist in healing wounds quickly. Improves vitality of ailing or damaged trees. Use after fall leaf drop and up until spring sap flow.
How to use Biodynamic Tree Paste
To apply as a paste, use white-wash brush, or may be applied by hand (heavy duty rubber gloves recommended). Dilute with water (about 2-3 of water to 1 of paste) to appropriate consistency for brush application.
For use as a spray:
- Dilute 1 cup tree paste in 1 gal of water.
- Stir for 20 minutes.
- Screen through 50-60 mesh screen for sprayer application.
- Spray immediately after stirring as contents settle quickly.
- For best result, remove loose bark from trunk and major limbs with wire brush or scraping tool.
- Do not apply when rain is expected, as it may wash off.
One gallon of paste will treat about two standard size apple trees.
(Instructions from Biodynamic Tree Paste – A Simplified Recipe for Beginners, Applied Biodynamics Newsletter Issue #46)
For additional information, visit: JPI Preparation Articles & Instruction Handouts
Additional Article: BD Tree Paste: Winter Application: Applied Biodynamics article with instructions