If you would like us to add your event, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biodynamic Principles and Practices in Farming and Gardening
September 27 @ 9:00 am - September 29 @ 5:00 pm$225
WHEN: Thursday, September 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am – Saturday, September 29, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
TIME: Thursday 3pm-6pm, Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 9am-4pm
WHERE: Spikenard Honeybee Sanctuary, 401 Hideaway Ln SE, Floyd, VA 24091 USA
Understanding and making the Biodynamic preparations; a comprehensive and joyous practical experience. In collaboration with the Josephine Porter Institute.
This workshop will give both beginners and experienced farmers a solid basis for understanding the major ideas and principles of Biodynamic Agriculture. Biodynamics is practiced on millions of acres in all climates for the best possible nutritional results as well as for the step that needs to be taken to go toward a thriving farm or garden organism. To learn the spiritual foundation for a necessary renewal of agriculture is the call of our time. Come and join biodynamic practitioner and teacher Gunther Hauk as he shares with us over 40 years of experience.
- The self-sustaining farm individuality
- The logic in and behind the 9 biodynamic preparations, their enlivening and invigoration for soil, plant, animal and the human being
- The plant in relation to the inner and outer planets, as well as to silica, lime and clay
- Rhythms of life in their daily, weekly, monthly and yearly practical application
Practical activities will include
- Making the following 7 preparations: horn-manure, chamomile, nettle, dandelion, oak bark, yarrow, and barrel compost
- Compost from start to finish