The Chesapeake BioDynamic Network of Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, and West Virginia gathers for various activities Saturday April 29, 8:30am-3:00pm at the Christian Community Garden Grounds next to the University of Maryland at 4221 Metzerott Road in College Park,MD.The Chesapeake BD Network is concerned with safe-sustainable-ecological-ethical gardening-landscaping-agriculture.
Mix and match times according to your needs and schedule:
- 8:30-9:30 Working in the BD Garden with Ingrid- Bagels and BD Coffee served!
- 9:30-10:30am We shall look at Lecture 8 of Steiner’s Ag Course with Larry Lear
- 10:30am Report on Maryland Government issues related to the environment from Sandra Zeese
- Stella Natura Biodynamic Calendars shall be on sale. Make sure you get one for the upcoming agricultural year!
- Biodynamic Coffee shall be on sale! Delicious BD Regular Roast, BD French Roast, and Organic Water Decaffeinated is available.
BD Workshop 11:00am – 3:00pm
BD Workshop April 29 with Biodynamic Practitioner Abby Porter of the Biodynamic Josephine Porter Institute. Cost is $25.
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: Understanding and Working with Biodynamic Calendar for Health and Vitality
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Lunch (please bring) and Networking
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm: Spring use of the BD Preps-incl. BC, 500, Valerian for frost protection, and Tree paste for pruning. Check trees that we applied tree paste to and check compost. Benefits of having prep plants grow in your garden. Stir and spray.
Our Workshop leader is Abby Porter who grew up on a biodynamic dairy farm with her mother who started making the biodynamic preparations after attending a Biodynamic conference in Spring Valley NY in 1947. Abby is a former board member of Josephine Porter Institute for Applied Biodynamics (JPI) and is co-editor of JPI periodical Applied Biodynamics.
Much gratitude to the Christian Community of Washington-Baltimore and the Anthroposophical Society of Greater Washington for its heartfelt support of biodynamics.