Our Mission, Vision &
Guiding Service Principles
JPI Mission Statement
Our mission is the healing of the earth through biodynamic preparations and the practice of biodynamic agriculture. We fulfill this mission by serving as a national provider of quality biodynamic preparations, as well as through the advancing of biodynamic preparation research, education, and outreach activities. In addition, JPI works to supports all farmers, gardeners, ranchers, and others in their making and use of biodynamic preparations.
JPI Vision Statement
When envisioning the future, we see JPI working collaboratively with others – nationally, regionally, and locally – to further the biodynamic agricultural movement and the development of biodynamic preparation making as a craft and spiritual practice. Supporting projects include the building of an intellectual repository of research on Steiner inspired preparations, and the development of research methods used to evaluate the quality of biodynamic preparations and their effective use in the field. Through a growing and vibrant network of collaborations and associative economic relationships, our ultimate vision is healthier foods, healthier bodies, and a healthy planet.
JPI’s Guiding Service Principles
We strive to produce biodynamic preparations made from plants that we grow, or that are wild-crafted, chemical-free, or organic. All of the preparations are made from the highest quality natural materials available, and are non-toxic.
We also support the success of our customers and the biodynamic agricultural community by striving to ensure that sufficient quantities of quality biodynamic preparations are available, and by providing educational workshops and materials, free phone support, and the prompt delivery of product orders.
As a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, JPI’s programs are funded through product sales and contributions. Mission-driven, we strive to keep the prices of our preparations affordable while also running fiscally sound operations. We do not measure our success in dollars but in the number of preparation units sold, acres of land served, and people who are reached through our educational and outreach activities.
JPI has been a national producer and distributor of biodynamic preparations since 1985. Over the past four years (since we moved to Floyd VA), we have produced and sold over 100,000 units of biodynamic preparations to over 2,500 practitioners of regenerative agricultural practices. During this time, we have also served customers in 48 states of the union plus 10 U.S. territories and Canadian provinces.
As a nonprofit organization, we fulfill our mission by providing the following:
- Production of the nine biodynamic preparations for plants, fields, and compost (as first taught by Dr. Rudolf Steiner in his 1924 Agriculture Course on biodynamic agriculture)
- Exclusive production of the Pfeiffer™ BD Compost Starter & Pfieffer™ BD Field and Garden Spray (as given to JPI by the Pfeiffer Foundation)
- Great Customer Service with free phone support and prompt delivery of order
- Online Shop for easy purchase of preparations and books on biodynamics and more
- Educational workshops for teaching others how to make and use their own preparations and more
- Research projects for establishing quality evaluative methods to measure the effectiveness of biodynamic preparations and their practical field use
- Applied Biodynamics, the JPI periodical, deepening the practical application of biodynamic preparations since 1992
- Outreach activities at earth-friendly venues that introduce biodynamic preparations to others
- E-News updates for keeping our customers and donors up-to-date and connected
- Biodynamic Collaborations for furthering the development of preparation making as a craft and spiritual practice
Use this link to learn more about biodynamic preparations.